For the #reckless and #brave here are instructions for building your own Lightning in a Box (LIAB). For those who want to accept Bitcoin Lightning payments ASAP Click here to order your LIAB today!
1. High speed internet connection.
2. Static IP
3. Domain Name
4. Ability to open ports (80, 443, 9735) on your router.
5. Tiny Screwdriver
6. USB Thumb Drive
7. USB Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor (for initial install only). Can be headless when completed.
1. Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT-1900 - $111.29
2. Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM - $59.32
3. WD Blue 1TB Mobile Hard Disk Drive - $52.99
1. Assemble PC (LIAB)
- Remove back cover with screwdriver.
- Insert RAM
- Install hard drive
2. Download Ubuntu 18.04 - Desktop
3. Use Etcher Studio to create bootable USB drive from Ubuntu ISO.
4. Insert USB thumb drive into PC to boot.
5. Follow Ubuntu installation.
6. Set static IP on LIAB.
7. Log into your router and forward ports 80, 443 and 9735 to your LIAB local IP address.
- sudo ufw allow 22
- sudo ufw allow 80
- sudo ufw allow 443
- sudo ufw allow 9735
- sudo ufw enable
11. Go to your domain registrar and point an A record of your domain to your external IP address. I suggest that you use a subdomain (ie. btcpay.yourdomain.com).
For an in-depth guide to using BTCPayServer & WooCommerce together to accept Bitcoin on your website check out this this guide written by @bitcoinshirt - How to Create an Online Store & Accept Bitcoin – Step By Step Guide