These instructions assume that you are starting with “virgin” Raspberry Pi Model 3 B+ that is running the latest updated version of Raspbian Stretch.
– Raspberry Pi 3 B+
– Minimum 64 Gb SD Card (if no external storage)
– USB HDD or Thumb Drive (optional)
– Sub domain pointed to “btcpay.mydomain.com”
– Static External IP Address
– Forward ports 80,443,8333,9735 on your router to the Raspberry Pi
SSH to Raspberry Pi
# Switch to root
sudo su –
# Create a folder for BTCPay
# Clone this repository
git clone https://github.com/btcpayserver/btcpayserver-docker
# Run btcpay-setup.sh with the right parameters
. ./btcpay-setup.sh -i
BTCPayServer’s FastSync documentation is available here.
Please read very carefully to understand what FastSync is and why it’s important to verify the UTXO set yourself.
Allow BTCPayServer run for a few minutes and visit your website (https://btcpay.mydomain.com) to confirm BTCPayServer is running.
#From the /root/BTCPayServer/btcpayserver-docker folder run the following commands.
This will take about 30 minutes or so depending on your download speed. After FastSync finishes run the following command.
Visit your domain and you should now see that your sync is at least 99%.
For the #reckless and #brave here are instructions for building your own Lightning in a Box (LIAB). For those who want to accept Bitcoin Lightning payments ASAP Click here to order your LIAB today!
1. High speed internet connection.
2. Static IP
3. Domain Name
4. Ability to open ports (80, 443, 9735) on your router.
5. Tiny Screwdriver
6. USB Thumb Drive
7. USB Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor (for initial install only). Can be headless when completed.